COVID-19 PUBLIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (PAP)
FEMA Covid-19 Public Assistance Program Available to Nonprofits
The PAP is FEMA’s largest program and each year provides billions of dollars to states, municipalities and non-profits impacted by national disasters.
For the first time, a health-related issue has been included under this disaster category and COVID-19 related costs will be funded through the PAP. In March, President Trump declared the entire United States a disaster area due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The PAP funding is available to reimburse nonprofits for COVID-19 related expenses starting from January 20th and going forward, at least until September 20th. There is a high probability that the period covered by this funding with be extended beyond the September 20th date for an additional 6 months.
Many types of nonprofits including emergency care facilities, inpatient long-term care facilities, outpatient facilities and rehabilitation facilities are covered by the PAP. Covered items include COVID-19 related staff additions or overtime, equipment and supplies. These eligible items include:
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the facilities related to Covid-19
- Additional personnel hours or additional personnel positions related to Covid-19 care and services
- Personal protection equipment related to Covid-19
- Equipment, supplies and staffing costs related to Covid-19 care not covered by other funding sources, such as insurance.
There is no limit to the funding that can be requested, as long as the goods and services are eligible.
The process of applying for the PAP funds requires:
- Online registration (State Emergency Management Office, Grants Portal)
- Assuring organization's policies are in compliance with federal regulations
- Following of required protocols for procurement of goods and services (bid process, contract language)
- Identification and justification of items/services to show how they directly related to COVID-19 costs and covered under the PAP program
- Maintenance of required documentation for all purchases
- Online submission of requests for reimbursement through the Grants Portal online system
- Completion of periodic and closing paperwork
Evergreen Grant Writing is available to assist you with this process, from registration to final reimbursement and closing paperwork.
Contact us at (516) 448-6069 or at firstname.lastname@example.org